As the NCUA’s cybersecurity standards tighten, Portnox’s network access control solutions are enabling credit unions to remain compliant & operational
NEW YORK, NY – March 3, 2021 – Portnox, a leading provider of network access control (NAC) and network security solutions, today announced that it has begun working with a number of U.S.-based credit unions to enhance their cybersecurity programs and meet stricter controls standards laid out within the National Credit Union Administration’s (NCUA) new Automated Cybersecurity Examination Tool (ACET) framework.
According to the NCUA, the ACET mirrors the FFIEC’s Cybersecurity Assessment Tool developed for voluntary use by banks and credit unions. Just like the FFIEC’s Tool, the ACET consists of two parts: The Inherent Risk Profile and the Cybersecurity Maturity level. The Control Maturity portion measures a credit union’s level of cybersecurity controls. The levels range from “baseline” to “innovative,” with the 123 baseline statements representing the minimum regulatory expectations.
“In light of recent network hacks, and as the NCUA audits continue to expand, many credit unions struggle with finding an effective solution to meet Domain 3 controls within the ACET framework,” said Ofer Amitai, CEO at Portnox. “Fortunately, Portnox can provide the network access control, endpoint awareness, risk and real-time remediation capabilities that either directly meet or highly contribute to many of the most difficult ACET Domain 3 audit areas and requirements.”
Portnox CLEAR, the first and only cloud-delivered network access control solution on the market, is a natural fit for credit unions. With no on-site networking hardware required to operate, no patching or on-going maintenance, and low overall total cost of ownership, Portnox CLEAR caters to financial institutions with minimal in-house IT resources needing to meet regulatory and compliance standards.
“We spent years looking for a NAC solution for our clients that was affordable, and more importantly, something that wasn’t extremely difficult to install. We found that with Portnox CLEAR, and now our clients are benefiting from enhanced security and compliance by using CLEAR,” said Lee Bird, President at Btech, a managed security services provider and Portnox partner based in Pasadena, California that specializes in cybersecurity for credit unions.
Portnox provides simple-to-deploy, operate and maintain network access control, security and visibility solutions. Portnox software can be deployed on-premises, as a cloud-delivered service, or in hybrid mode. It is agentless and vendor-agnostic, allowing organizations to maximize their existing network and cybersecurity investments. Hundreds of enterprises around the world rely on Portnox for network visibility, cybersecurity policy enforcement and regulatory compliance. The company has been recognized for its innovations by Info Security Products Guide, Cyber Security Excellence Awards, IoT Innovator Awards, Computing Security Awards, Best of Interop ITX and Cyber Defense Magazine. Portnox has offices in the U.S., Europe and Asia. For information visit www.portnox.com, and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Btech is the market leader in providing affordable managed IT security services for credit unions. For over 30 years, Btech has worked diligently and professionally to maintain strong client relationships by providing honest, intelligent, and cost-effective services and solutions. We know credit unions, and will tailor IT services to ensure that your IT environment is secure and compliant. Visit btechonline.com to learn more.
Portnox is looking for a Sales Manager in the UK! In this position, you’ll be responsible for delivering new clients through various channels in the UK and Ireland. This role will serve as the primary point-of-contact for Portnox for both new prospects and existing customers. As such, you’ll be responsible for delivering (or exceeding) the pre-determined sales quota in this region.
The ideal candidate must be internally-driven to help prospects solve difficult network access control challenges, with a passion for tackling complex technical projects. This role will be called upon to develop and foster trusted relationships at a high executive level, and focus on the strategic nature of each partnership. You will be solely in charge of identifying and signing appropriate channel partners, as well as training them on Portnox’s solutions.
- Drive major existing accounts regionally, with a focus on establishing relationships at all levels
- Plan, forecast and execute sales activities within your region, managing new deals form initial contact through the procurement process
- Manage current pipeline and create new sources of revenue
- Develop and maintain detailed account profiles, including organizational charts for all accounts to be reviewed by management on a quarterly basis
- Be able to qualify leads, as well as define and articulate prospects needs.
- Manage current customer and partner needs, focusing on relationship building
- Develop customer business while coordinating account resources with internal peers from marketing, pre-sales engineering, and development
- Achieve assigned sales quotas together with customer development goals
- Extensive domestic travel and possible international travel as necessary
- 5 years of experience in a customer-facing position in the Hi-Tech industry is required
- A background in networking / storage technology is a great advantage.
- Experience in selling cloud/SaaS solutions is an advantage
- A deep understanding of channel partners and market approach
- Knowledgeable of Complex Solution Sales methodology
- In-depth knowledge of how specific industries leverage IT security solutions
- Experience selling network infrastructure-based security an advantage
- B.Sc. or B.A. required
- Experience working remotely and autonomously
To apply for this role, please send your CV to [email protected].
Portnox demonstrates best-in-class capability and market leadership through demonstrated technology success and customer commitment.
NEW YORK, NY – November 4, 2020 – Portnox, a fully cloud-delivered network access control (NAC) provider, today announced it has attained a Gold Cloud Platform competency, demonstrating a “best-in-class” ability and commitment to meet Microsoft Corp. customers’ evolving needs in today’s mobile-first, cloud-first world and distinguishing itself within Microsoft’s partner ecosystem.
To earn a Microsoft Gold competency, partners must successfully complete exams (resulting in Microsoft Certified Professionals) to prove their level of technology expertise, and then designate these certified professionals uniquely to one Microsoft competency, ensuring a certain level of staffing capacity. They also must submit customer references that demonstrate successful projects, meet a performance (revenue and or consumption/usage) commitment (for most Gold competencies), and pass technology and/or sales assessments.
The cloud-delivered CLEAR NAC platform from Portnox is designed to help partners capitalize on the growing demand for infrastructure and software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions built on Microsoft Azure. With built-in scalability, no on-site hardware, multitenancy and other benefits, the platform allows Microsoft partners to empower their customers by eliminating the traditional complexities associated with on-premises NAC.
“This Microsoft Gold Cloud Platform competency showcases our expertise in and commitment to today’s technology market and demonstrates our deep knowledge of Microsoft’s products and services,” said Ofer Amitai, CEO at Portnox “We plan to accelerate our customers’ success by serving as technology advisors for their business demands.”
“By achieving a Gold competency, partners have demonstrated the highest, most consistent capability and commitment to the latest Microsoft technology,” said Gavriella Schuster, corporate vice president, One Commercial Partner (OCP) at Microsoft Corp. “These partners have a deep expertise that puts them in the top of our partner ecosystem, and their proficiency will help customers drive innovative solutions.”
The Cloud Platform competency is designed for partners to capitalize on the growing demand for infrastructure and software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions built on Microsoft Azure. Differentiate your company with the Cloud Platform competency, and you will be eligible for Signature Cloud Support, Azure deployment planning services, Azure sponsored credit, direct partner support, eligibility to deploy certain on-premises, internal use software on Microsoft Azure, and access to the cloud platform roadmap.
The Microsoft Partner Network helps partners strengthen their capabilities to showcase leadership in the marketplace on the latest technology, to better serve customers and to easily connect with one of the most active, diverse networks in the world.
Portnox’s cloud-delivered NAC solution was designed with simplicity, multitenancy, and geo-availability in mind. Purpose-built for SD-WAN and SASE networking models, Portnox’s SaaS solutions are vendor-agnostic and inherently zero-trust. They cater to a variety of edge branch security needs, including network authentication and segmentation. Today, companies across industries leverage Portnox’s integrations with cloud directories and common IAM solutions—including Microsoft Azure Active Directory, GSuite, and Okta—for authentication and authorization of users and devices.
Director of Marketing, Portnox
e: [email protected]
Portnox is looking for an experienced Support & Professional Services Engineer to join our customer service team. As a support engineer, you will serve as the face of Portnox, providing daily support to customers, analyzing and solving bugs, supporting new installations and implementations for new customers, and working with stakeholders across Portnox such as the R&D & Product teams.
This role calls for a highly motivated individual that likes to work with customers, and who wants to truly leave their mark and play a hands-on role in designing innovative network security products. So, if you’re familiar with network topology and configuration and you want to grow your career in cybersecurity, this is the role for you!
- Provide customer support and technical issues resolution via phone, e-mail, web, and remote sessions
- Isolate and diagnose network problems by using IT and networking knowledge
- Act as a trusted advisor for our customers and ensure their satisfaction
- Develop and deliver technical training demos and support for existing customers
- Respond in a timely manner (within documented SLA) to support customer issues and inquiries
- Resolve problems independently, escalating when necessary, and collaborate with other stakeholders in the company to provide the best solution
- Expert-level knowledge and hands-on experience with Layer 2/Layer 3 Switching/Routing, TCP/IP, Layer 4/Layer 7 switching, firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, security consulting, SSL, IPSec
- 2+ years of experience in product support / professional services for an international hi-tech company
- Customer-oriented with excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Both autonomous and a team player
- Advanced analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Technical bachelor’s degree – an advantage
- DevOps experience – an advantage
- Project management experience – an advantage
If you’d like to apply for this position, please send your CV to [email protected].
This Week in Network Security
In an effort to help you sift through the endless bombardment of content, news, and events, Portnox is excited to deliver its inaugural weekly network security news roundup. Below, find hand-picked articles, blog posts and more from across the web covering an array of topics, including network security architecture, access control, SD-branch, working remotely and more.
Happy reading and happy Friday!
COVID on the brain…
- Forbes: The CTO’s Guide To Navigating The New Normal
- WRAL TechWire: How to combat hackers in time of pandemic? Here’s what companies need to do
- TechFunnel: COVID-19-Related Cyberattacks on the Rise: What You Can Do While Working from Home
- FedTech: 3 Tips for Protecting a VPN in the Face of Major Vulnerabilities
- eWeek: How to Refocus Network Security During a Crisis
- Cole of Duty: Impact of Covid-19 on Network Access Control Market is Expected to Grow at an active CAGR
- Security Boulevard: How to Address Remote Work Security Concerns
- The Cloud Tribune: Examining the Coronavirus Impact: Growth and Demand Restrictions Hit Network Access Control Market Sales and Revenue in Short Term
- Global Banking & Finance Review: Zero trust: enabling business continuity and security during a pandemic
The IoT buzz…
- TechRadar: Protecting OT systems with IT collaboration
- Urgent Communications: Addressing IoT security challenges from the cloud to the edge
The network security generalist…
- Security Boulevard: Mythbusting Network Security Architecture Best Practices
- TechTarget: SD-branch devices offer needed integration for branch sites
- No Jitter: How 5G Will Impact Cybersecurity, Drive Demand for SASE
- NetworkWorld: Simplifying SD-WAN Operations with Centralized Management and Orchestration
For our MSP/MSSP brethren…
- CRN: 10 Hot Technology Trends For The MSP Market: Datto Report
- TechTarget: MSPs scramble to bolster security amid ransomware spike
- XaaS Journal: 5 Pandemic Lessons for MSPs
- MicroScope: MSPs have shown their value
New from Portnox…