CORE has a built-in capability to discover and define port properties automatically, thus eliminating unnecessary manual labor. The most common reason for editing default rules is to adjust the uplink identification rule if the default settings do not identify your uplink ports automatically.
The administrator has control to set any of the following properties:
- Uplink – defines if a port is connected to other switches.
- Rex – sets special ports that will be skipped by CORE enforcement and will never be blocked.
- Hub – categorizes a port as an authorized hub port.
- Display – determines whether to display the ports in CORE’s UX, or to remove them completely.
- Automatic Acknowledge – any device that connects to an “automatic acknowledge” port will be whitelisted by its MAC address.
Watch this video for more details on how to set dynamic port configurations: