Portnox is looking for an experienced Support & Professional Services Engineer to join our customer service team. As a support engineer, you will serve as the face of Portnox, providing daily support to customers, analyzing and solving bugs, supporting new installations and implementations for new customers, and working with stakeholders across Portnox such as the R&D & Product teams.
This role calls for a highly motivated individual that likes to work with customers, and who wants to truly leave their mark and play a hands-on role in designing innovative network security products. So, if you’re familiar with network topology and configuration and you want to grow your career in cybersecurity, this is the role for you!
- Provide customer support and technical issues resolution via phone, e-mail, web, and remote sessions
- Isolate and diagnose network problems by using IT and networking knowledge
- Act as a trusted advisor for our customers and ensure their satisfaction
- Develop and deliver technical training demos and support for existing customers
- Respond in a timely manner (within documented SLA) to support customer issues and inquiries
- Resolve problems independently, escalating when necessary, and collaborate with other stakeholders in the company to provide the best solution
- Expert-level knowledge and hands-on experience with Layer 2/Layer 3 Switching/Routing, TCP/IP, Layer 4/Layer 7 switching, firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, security consulting, SSL, IPSec
- 2+ years of experience in product support / professional services for an international hi-tech company
- Customer-oriented with excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Both autonomous and a team player
- Advanced analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Technical bachelor’s degree – an advantage
- DevOps experience – an advantage
- Project management experience – an advantage
If you’d like to apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.