Portnox, a market leader for network visibility, access control and device risk management solutions, today unveiled its Portnox CLEAR app for the Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW) Application Framework. The app will offer Palo Alto Networks Application Framework customers a complete view of the network, ability to control the risk by coping with threats in real time, as well as increased visibility into devices – including Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), Internet of Things (IoT), mobile and managed devices, anywhere in the world.
Consuming cybersecurity innovations has become an arduous process. Organizations waste time deploying new sensors every time they want to collect a new piece of data and managing point products rather than improving security controls to stay ahead of attackers. The Palo Alto Networks Application Framework makes it easy to add new security capabilities quickly and efficiently. The framework extends the capabilities of the Palo Alto Networks Security Operating Platform, with a suite of APIs that developers can use to connect innovative apps with rich data, threat intelligence and enforcement points. Organizations gain immediate security value from apps developed by an open ecosystem of trusted innovators.
CLEAR is Portnox’s NAC-as-a-Service cloud solution, offering network administrators robust network and cloud access controls, visibility and risk monitoring capabilities. CLEAR augments network security by providing continuous endpoint visibility, including real-time risk assessments in all locations, discovery and visibility of IoT and BYOD devices. Portnox CLEAR generates unique risk scores for each device based on the security configuration and posture of the device in conjunction with contextual behavior patterns, whether a device is on or off premise, over wired, VPN or wireless networks. As part of the Application Framework, the Portnox CLEAR app will enable customers to monitor a network or endpoint threat indications from the Framework, update the risk score of devices, and, based on policy, automatically authorize or block devices from accessing the network.
- “With the influx of connected devices on the corporate network, reaching 200 billion connected devices by 2020, today’s workforce is increasingly complex and difficult to secure. All organizations need total visibility into their networks and every endpoint, and Portnox is committed to making this easier than ever before by having real time rapid response and risk mitigation capabilities. Our app for the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework will further help us provide complete visibility and control, keeping more enterprises safe and secure.”
- Ofer Amitai, CEO, Portnox
- “We are delighted to welcome Portnox to the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework developer community. The framework provides our customers with superior security through cloud-based apps developed by innovative security providers, large and small. Together, we are fueling innovation in the cybersecurity market with apps that are built rapidly, engineered on a common framework, and deliver unique value while solving our customers’ toughest security challenges.”
- Lee Klarich, chief product officer, Palo Alto Networks
- The Portnox CLEAR app will be available in conjunction with the Palo Alto Networks Application Framework availability.
- The Palo Alto Networks Application Framework is targeted for worldwide availability in August 2018 and will be available to customers who have purchased either Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls or Traps advanced endpoint protection and the Logging Service subscription.
Portnox secures connected organizations’ corporate networks utilizing its next-generation network access control and management solutions. Portnox’s solutions manage every user, every device – including: Internet of Things (IoT), BYOD, mobile and managed devices – accessing the network, everywhere.
Founded in 2007, Portnox provides its global customers with a complete view of device and network visibility, reducing security risks and improving network control. Portnox offers two solutions – CORE for On-Premise NAC and CLEAR for cloud-based NAC – allowing companies to grow, optimize, and evolve their infrastructure while maintaining the upmost security and compliance. The company has been recognized for numerous industry awards, including Info Security Products Guide 2018 and 2017, 2018 Cyber Security Excellence Awards, 2017 Computing Security Awards, 2017 Best of Interop ITX and 2017 Cyber Defense Magazine. Portnox has offices in the U.S. and in Europe.
About Palo Alto Networks
We are the global cybersecurity leader, known for always challenging the security status quo. Our mission is to protect our way of life in the digital age by preventing successful cyberattacks. This has given us the privilege of safely enabling tens of thousands of organizations and their customers. Our pioneering Security Operating Platform emboldens their digital transformation with continuous innovation that seizes the latest breakthroughs in security, automation, and analytics. By delivering a true platform and empowering a growing ecosystem of change-makers like us, we provide highly effective and innovative cybersecurity across clouds, networks, and mobile devices.
Try Portnox Cloud for Free Today
Gain access to all of Portnox's powerful zero trust access control free capabilities for 30 days!