Challenges with WiFi Network Security Today
WiFi extends beyond your office walls. Employees harmlessly share company WiFi passwords with guests, contractors, business neighbors without ever stopping to think about the network and information security risks this poses to their organization. Some of the top WiFi network security challenges today include:
- Piggybacking – In this instance, anyone with a WiFi enabled computer in range of your access point can use your connection. The typical indoor broadcast range of an access point is 150–300 feet. This range may extend as far as 1,000 feet when outside.
- Wardriving – The broadcast range of a wireless access point can make internet connections available outside your home, even as far away as your street.
- Evil Twin Attacks – In an evil twin attack, an adversary gathers information about a public network access point, then sets up their system to impersonate it.
- Wireless Sniffing – Public use access points typically don’t encrypt the data it processes. This can put your sensitive communications or transactions at risk.
- Unauthorized Computer Access – An unsecured public wireless network combined with unsecured file sharing could allow a malicious user to access any directories and files.
- Should Surfing – In public areas, bad actors can simply glance over your shoulder as you type, stealing your sensitive or personal information in the process.
- Device Theft – Not all attackers rely on gaining access to your data via wireless means. By physically stealing your device, attackers could have unrestricted access to all of its data, as well as any connected cloud accounts.
Watch How it Works
Enhancing WiFi Security with Portnox CLEAR
It’s never been easier to secure your WiFi. With Portnox’s WiFi Security-as-a-Service, complex integrations and RADIUS server setups that traditionally required skilled IT staff and extensive training have been eliminated. Now, you can set-up user and device authentication that comply with security regulations in minutes.
Portnox CLEAR WiFi network security benefits include:
- Rapid Deployment – No need to worry about pre-set infrastructure or lengthy training.
- Seamless Authentication – Integrate with your directory (Okta, AzureAD, etc.). Includes built-in Certificate Authority, or works with your own.
- Device Visibility & Accountability – See all devices on your network – no matter type or location.
- Zero-Touch Management – With a cloud-based RADIUS server & no on-premise hardware of software, say goodbye to on-going maintenance.
- Flexible Access Controls – Use device posture assessment to drive your policy with Dynamic VLAN or ACL assignments.
- No Vendor Lock-In – Portnox works with any wireless infrastructure.
- Vendor Agnostic – Enjoy built-in connectors to common directories, like AzureAD, Okta, GSuite & more.
- SOC-Certified – Portnox is SOC II Type II certified, with data encryption in motion or at rest.
Try Portnox Cloud for Free Today
Gain access to all of Portnox's powerful zero trust access control free capabilities for 30 days!