NAC solutions have been around since the early 2000s, serving the important purpose of authenticating and authorizing access to the corporate network. NAC solutions are historically reliable when it comes to authenticating and authorizing access based on device credentials, but with the onset of digital transformation, including, Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD), the Internet of Things (IoT), and a growing mobile workforce, mobile NAC solutions need to adapt to the modern enterprise landscape.
Our new eBook introduces NAC-as-a-Service, offering traditional NAC capabilities including authentication, authorization, and endpoint security assessments from the cloud as-a-Service.
What’s new about NAC-as-a-Service?
- Pricing: Traditional NAC solutions run on port-based pricing and one-time fees, but NAC as-a-Service serves as subscription-based models
- Location: On-premise NAC offerings typically control only on-site devices, whereas NAC as-a-Service monitors and control all devices on a network regardless of location
- Easy 802.1x – A NAC as-a-Service solution allows for simple deployment of 802.1x authentication, without compromising on security across the enterprise and allowing admins to embrace the trustworthy method of authenticating devices on the corporate network
- Automated control: Instead of manually tracking managed endpoints, NAC as-a-Service offers automated controls based on a device’s risk level
- Customized Policies: System admins can set up access policies, restricting devices based on qualifications, for example, setting geographical control over where the corporate network can be accessed from or restricting access from a certain operating system
Why your organization needs NAC-as-a-Service?
If you’re looking to adopt digital transformation trends while keeping your network secure, NAC as-a-Service is right for you. IT professionals often want to encourage their employees to use technology and reap the financial benefits that result but are concerned about the digital risks they can expose the organization to. When adopting digital transformation trends like BYOD, IoT and the mobile workforce, visibility and access controls are more important than ever. NAC as-a-Service offers network administrations visibility into all endpoints without the use of an agent, and automatically limits or restricts access if an endpoint appears to put the network at risk. With a cloud service, network access control is easier than ever.
The future of NAC solutions
Portnox CLEAR is a cloud-based solution that simplifies the management of emerging cyber risks in the organization, offering all the benefits of a SaaS solution paired with robust access control and network visibility capabilities.
Find out more about how NAC-as-a-Service solution addresses today’s security needs in our NAC-as-a-Service eBook.
Try Portnox Cloud for Free Today
Gain access to all of Portnox's powerful zero trust access control free capabilities for 30 days!